View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:15 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
I'd also say that the first couple of books are not the best, and he hadn't really found the 'Discworld style' yet.

The Discworld books aren't really a series, they are a collection of sub-series set in the same universe. Pick the sub-series that sounds most interesting, and read the first in that.

There is a list of sub-series here: https://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/...Characters.pdf

It is interesting that the City Watch books are listed first. They are my favourite, and the one I would recommend to start with. I wonder if they are the most successful.

Quote:
If you read out of order before your first read, you will spoil the series.
Many of the sub-series have little or no connection to others. There is very little that I would consider 'spoilers' between different sub-series.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote