Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
What other formats? Not to be xeno-pub-lic, I mean, right, I know that they exist, but what's the point? LRF? Besides ePUB and MOBI, what's really needed any longer? And Smashwords does not have distro to Amazon--and it's unlikely that that will ever be restored, so...why bother? Distro to which entity or platform?
I would go with ePub, Mobi, KF8, LRF (for the old Sony Readers where people don't like right justified), eReader, and FB2. Other then that, can't see any other format anyone would want.

Quote:
WOW.

I mean, WOW. I feel so much better about ePUBs I made starting out, OMG!

Htich
And these people get paid for this. How they can justify it I have no idea. I could do better then that any day of the week.

Just to give you a good laugh, run the sample of Reboots through epubcheck 3, it will pass. But it won't pass FlightCrew.

Code:
Reboots (sample).epub/OEBPS/REBOOTS.ncx  1  internal subset is not allowed when reusing the grammar
1 is the line number. But give that the NCX is all one line, it may not be an easy thing to find.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-08-2013 at 03:25 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote