View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFixKindles View Post
4.22 Volts is a fully charged battery for these units. Have you tried rebooting after installing the new battery? Sometimes that is necessary to get it to recognize the new battery is installed. Unplug, slide power on and hold 30 seconds. Release and watch to see if the power light cycles or if screen relights.

Once in a while I get a battery error after a battery replacement. In that case running Kubrick can usually restore full operation.
On both units the power light does everything it's supposed to do (I think). If I hold the switch on for 30 seconds, about 10 to 15 seconds later the light will come on and stay on for about 3 or 4 seconds. Once it's on, if I hold the switch over, at about five or six seconds the power light will double-blink, at about 15 (or a little less) seconds, the green light comes on again. (I've even done the 60 second power and then then 60 second Home test – and the light comes up green there as well. But nothing changes on the screen. I'm beginning to wonder if the screens are just bad – or whatever is on the mother board that drives the screen is bad. The screen connections are tight on both.

To run Kubrick I would need to connect via USB wouldn't I? Neither unit can be seen from my computer.

Thanks for the response. I'm willing to test either unit, but if it's not the battery than I'm guessing it doesn't look good for these K3s.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote