View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@thehawk777: the next CC prerelease available in a day or 2 will support launching K4A for .prc files in Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files. At least it does for me. The new code is rather hard to exhaustively test, and in any case it isn't clear to me what the right behavior is.

My first test:
  1. Tell CC to put .prc files in Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files
  2. Send a .prc from calibre. It arrives in Android/...
  3. Try to read that book. CC proposes K4A as well as several other readers I have installed.
  4. Launch K4A and download a purchased book. It appears in the Android/... folder.
  5. Connect CC to calibre. If CC's scan for new books is on (it is by default) then that newly downloaded (and probably DRM infested) book will be added to CC and sent to calibre for analysis.

Next test: the same as above but using /kindle instead of /Android/... . The first three tests work with that folder. The last two do not work, of course, because K4A is putting the books in a place that CC isn't using.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote