View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Calibre nuking para indents from epub->mobi

Kovid:

I've developed a problem recently with the epub->mobi conversion. My epubs, made in Sigil, have external ss. The number of chapters (xhtml) docs varies, but recently (this is moderately new), when I convert from epub->mobi my paragraph indents have disappeared, in files that look perfectly fine in epub and have relatively simple css. I wasn't having this problem about a month ago, but I am now. My css hasn't really changed much, a few tweaks here and there, and, as I say, it looks fine in Sigil and in FF EpubReader.

Is this caused by NOT having an internal ss for each xhtml chapter? Even though the external sheet is called in each? Can I solve it by putting the ss back INTO the headers of each chapter?

Thoughts, anyone?

ADD: On July 22nd, this process was still working. The CSS wasn't so flattened that it was nuked. Something's changed between then--when I did a book that worked fine, with the same css, to now, when it doesn't. Help!

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 09-09-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Add info
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote