View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 06:42 AM   #69
yurislife
yurislife began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
I use it with AlReaderX and the battery lasts about 8% per hour. With KOReader I haven't tried it much, but I get the impression that the battery life is shorter (maybe 10% per hour?). In either case it seems very bad to me.

On the positive side is the quality of the screen, which is really impressive, the price (I got it in an Amazon offer for 115 €) and the autonomy offered by Android (not everything is going to be negative in Android): it allows me to have in the same device the two reading programs I like the most (AlReaderX and KOReader) and to have a very varied set of utilities (dictionaries, translators, file organisers, easy sending of books and files, cloud storage...). In the end, it all depends on what you value most.

Personally, if I had to choose just one device, the Tolino Vision 6 would not be my choice. And for exclusive use of KOReader it wouldn't be one of the current Kobo devices either. As I have already said on other occasions I prefer PocketBook devices (in this respect I have a completely opposite opinion to the one offered by the KOReader developers). But it is a matter of personal taste.
8% battery drain on stock configuration sounds suspiciously high, comparable to Kobo Sage prior to firmware updates, that is, quite poor. Do you leave wifi enabled all the time by any chance?
yurislife is offline   Reply With Quote