View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
PrinceNothing
PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Somethingorother
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The "magic key" is REQUIRED to get into USB Downloader mode. If you found a debricking guide that fails to mention that, you need a different guide. On the K4, it is the 5-way DOWN arrow.

We do not know the magic key for the DX, so debricking a DX has usually been done using the serial port.
Ah, I was using the home button. That makes sense they would be different because the guide is using a Kindle touch. I got through a few more steps since it recognized it now and I threw fastboot on it. Had a problem but I think its fixed now so I'm still moving along. Just finished step 7 on the guide. I'll keep everyone updated as I go. Thanks for being so helpful

Update: Okay so I had to backtrack a little. I'm stuck at the point where I need to install the driver because I could not flash the device and figured I did something wrong. It recognizes it as a kindle (instead of a kindle -fastboot like in the guide) and I can't update the driver software. I'm also not sure what the guide is telling me to give it as driver software. The fastboot.inf or libusb0.sys? I think its the fastboot but when I tried giving it fastboot as a driver it would tell me that it found the driver but could not find the files and would not install it. Giving it libusb0 just outright would say that it couldnt find the driver. So what should I be doing here exactly? Could somebody clear it up?

Here's an image of my current situation. I think it won't let me flash it because its identified as kindle and not kindle - fastboot

http://i.imgur.com/NSVwx.png

Guide Description
--------------------------
Soon, you’ll see your Kindle detected as a new device.
Your PC shouldn’t be able to find any driver, so let’s help it: point the driver path where you stored Kindle-Fastboot.inf and let the PC load the driver.
I had another problem while in this process: my PC lacked of libusb0.sys and that’s why I added the link for libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0. You can point your PC to it and you’re done!

Last edited by PrinceNothing; 12-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.
PrinceNothing is offline   Reply With Quote