View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #10
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
That's very interesting! Yew are putting forth that the problem is not with the reader or the device, but rather with the files?

I suppose I could see that ... MAYBE ... with some .mobi files, but my understanding is no one has gotten the .lit files to work properly.

In the case of .mobi, the errors do seem to be random. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they freeze half way through and sometimes it is never a problem. Under these circumstances, being as the problem is very intermittent, it will be quite difficult to track down.

In the case of .lit, I would say it is much more likely the reader than the files...
You have to remember that the "reader" is just a computer running various software programs that read the actual files. These programs might be 3rd party controlled, or even taken from open source public domain, tweaked by various programmers etc etc. IOW they will each have their own idiosyncrases and problems, things they can handle or not etc.

Possibilities why a particular file may fail to open are many and varied. The file may be incorrectly formulated, but OTOH the program reading it may not handle all possible valid files. Just like on a normal computer, you need to see the error messages (in the log), and they MIGHT help decide where the problem lies. Even if the file is valid, and the program is in error, knowing what caused the problem might enable you to alter the file's construction to get it to work with this particular program

So, he's not really saying it is definitely the files, but that he would like more info to help diagnose the problem.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote