View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #33
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
According to the original post, Amazon is creating a store just for Australia.

The reason I asked whether the tax needs to be included in the display price is because it *does* make it a completely different proposition from how it's handled in the US. In the US, the tax is added at the end of the transaction, based on where the items will be shipped to. The display price is the same for everyone, but the actual price paid changes.

For instance, I have this item in my cart: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013EANPI6/ The list price is $176.21. If I ship it to Connecticut, $11.19 is added to the final price for sales tax. If I decide that I want to ship it to my brother in law in Utah instead, the $11.19 tax changes to $12.07. I tried to choose a friend's address in Canada, and wasn't allowed to ship there.

How would this work for a country where the tax needs to be included in the display price? Maybe the people in those countries just aren't allowed to ship to an address outside the country? I find it interesting that I'm not allowed to ship to Canada anymore...I'm pretty sure that I've had stuff shipped directly there in the past. Maybe because they have their own store now?

edit: Never mind...I tried setting a different item to ship to my Canadian friend, and it worked. It did add "Import Fees Deposit: $12.80" to the cost, which I believe covers the taxes and fees.

Shari
The population of Australia is estimated to be 24,951,700 as of 31 May 2018.
cane is offline   Reply With Quote