View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #262
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Now, reading this with No Other Knowledge of your book would make me think: that's not what animal rescue/welfare groups do. They may watch videos, but not together, and most would rarely have the time to do this (the vid I made was the easiest way I could get rehoming pictures of them - by using stills from the vid).
Exactly. In the real world, some of the group's leaders might get together to work on fundraising ideas or lobbying efforts, or to set up adoption events, but sitting around discussing pet treats or park play dates? No.

It's been said already, but if you want to write about an animal rescue group or group member going off the rails, first you need to have done the research on how such a group actually operates. Then there'd be a foundation to show how the fictional group's mission has gotten perverted.