View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #31
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
In my experience, different covers will usually be under different editions (different ISBN) and therefore will be made under a different book entry. I'm referring to ebooks. It's not like Calibre have one book entry with several different ISBN corresponding with different cover editions. So I agree with JSWolf. Better to have it through Sent To options than through metadata.

But honestly, while a grayscale feature would be nice, it's not really necessary; just don't cram every possible ebook in your device. In other words, don't be a hoarder.
Metadata plugboards have more to do with swapping data according specific device, ebook format and personal preference. Nothing to do with how data is saved in calibre. Same should be done for covers. I have multiple android devices from tablets, phones and an eink reader all with different screen sizes. Most use the same android device plugin so setting a cover setting in the plugin wont work. Where as if it is done like how it is done with metadata plugboards where calibres manipulates the metadata on the fly according to the device and format it would work for all my devices. I could keep the largest best quality covers in calibre but when sending eBooks to my device are changed according to my device needs.

P.S I use an ereader because I like the ability to choose what I will start reading next if I don't have my whole library off 900-1000 how will I choose. And if I really wanted to limit myself I would be reading dead tree books.

Last edited by Dopedangel; 04-13-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote