View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Question ePub custom Fonts on all Sonys

In some earlier post in one of the many fora here on MobileRead, somebody posted instructions on how to use a custom non-embedded(!) font with ePub files on the 500 and 505. Has anyone done this successfully on the 700?

The posted directions were:
Quote:
Just put the following script:
@font-face {
font-family: "Freestyle Script";
src:url(res:///Data/FONT/FREESCPT.TTF);
}
in the CSS and put your font at FONT/FREESCPT.TTF of internal storage.
And actually it supports *any* unicode locale. (Fonts on MS is also possible.)
I'm trying to do this on my 700, but I can't find a Data directory in which to place my font. Suggestions, anyone?

Xenophon

EDIT : scroll down to post 9 of this thread for all the css code you will need, and in post 18 i've added some screen caps and a step-by-step guide for people who are less experienced with using css.
--zelda pinwheel

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-11-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: adding locations of important posts
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote