Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #945
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Woohoo! Thank you so much! Hoping for the font size customization, eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworkyll View Post

Speaking of selfishness, I vote for margin change and the Turn_Light_Off_Entirely options
For all those waiting for other patches: I'll try to *eventually* port these patches to the PW, but as I wrote a few posts back, expect it to be weeks, not days. Some patches will probably be dropped altogether for the PW (like the password one). It's seriously NOT fun at all to fiddle around in obfuscated code, it's tedious, and it's actually pretty boring - knowing that it can be done, because it has been done before..., the only real remaining challenge is the obfuscation, and that's simply not interesting, but only tedious.

That said, the light control is all Javascript and native executables, so there is nothing JBPatch will do about it.

Quote:
Would you be so kind, and give some hints, where to look at? I'm after a few unyielding google passes, obviously I do not know the proper keywords to search for.

Like, how to enter the debug mode on PW, (JB is done), and where can I find a command list.

Many thanks. Seriously.
Quote:
I've seen that one. That is why I'm trying to find out, how to enter the debug mode, in the first place. I can't have grip on the subject just yet, I'm sorry. The wikis are great, but AFAIS they primary purpose is the de-bricking.
There is no debug mode on the Touch and Paperwhite. Well actually, there is, but it only affects logging verbosity. What you are looking for is all contained in what twobob quoted: usbnetwork and shell access.

And about the Wiki: are you serious? Then you must be looking at a different Wiki than I am... This page contains all sorts of information (including the search bar shortcuts you asked for), and only a minimal part of it is even remotely related to debricking.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote