View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
1/ Battery is spent changing pages. While in an LCD screen the page turn is almost the same as keeping the same page in terms of energy, rapidly advancing pages in e-ink, let's say, 2 pages a second, means you can discharge a full battery in 20 minutes.

2/ The Paperwhite capacitive screen recognizes two touches, and it is for font scaling in pinching. Doing something more would confuse the device and most humans.

3/ Amazon wants you to keep on-line, therefore it's difficult to turn wireless off.

4/ I didn't find where now (if I find, I'll update post), but remember seeing that Amazon don't keep your reading statistics and it all is device-only.

5/ Amazon thinks an e-reader should be kept simple so you can have the best one for a hundred-some bucks.

6/ Less buttons, now more like Apple, less like Samsung.

7/ It was never easy. Predefined little options, possible hacks, all the extra was under-the-table.

8/ Capacitive screen. Do you know the loads of glass it takes? Also, the body seems empowered compared to plastiquy KT. And while LED is light, it requires the connectors. More resolution doesn't come from heaven.
1/ Why on earth would they do it that way? You can have a simple slider consisting out of ~20 bars like with the light control, once you stopped sliding it jumps to position you stopped. That would be in no way harder on the battery than the light control.

2/ Meaning it could do 2 finger gestures just fine. Like 2 fingers sliding up and down for light control. You want seriously argue that that would *confuse* people???

3/ Isn't there an airplane mode already implemented?

4+ is a bit silly, though. I would very much welcome a model with page turn buttons, however.

Last edited by Psykhe; 10-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote