View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Sorry, the message about the wrong length is misleading, I think. I've not appended anything to the kernel and it worked. It's just a not-really-tested path, but I think only addresses must fit to 512 byte boundaries. For lengths it does not matter.

The real problem are the last both lines, indicating ... well, I don't know. Could it be that the RAM kernel image got somehow corrupted? It seems that the ROM kernel is answering (4-byte replies) when the RAM kernel (8-byte replies) should. Somehow it seems the RAM kernel wasn't started.

I suggest to reset the device if you haven't already. Just pull power slider for >15secs, remember to keep Vol- pressed when you release the slider. Personally, I use "watch lsusb" in a terminal on the host machine to monitor the reboot.

I'll upload another version of the software in a minute, but there weren't related bugs in the old version, so it would not fix this, I think. It's mainly new features.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote