View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
focus
focus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Sad ending of the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You are right. If there is no evidence of misuse on the device, then it is a warranty case. This is why we have to inspect the device first. The pictures are not enough. Sorry, but We need to check the device in our lab.

Otherwise we can't take over the costs of the replacement of the screen . The screen is the most expensive part of the reader. The price of 9,7" Pearl screen alone is around $200 (aprox. 150€).
I can share the choice that I got with others since I really don`t know what to do.
So, the ereader-store.de refused to repair my device under warranty. They sent me pictures of the broken screen. You can see them in my gallery (last 3 photos) - http://tinyurl.com/83dhu3o
They policy is quite clear and can be seen in mail response:
"I am really sorry, but we are not able to investigate, what could cause the damage. We just can test, if it is an electronic fault or broken screen."

In my opinion, this doesn`t sound like the statement made in Booxtor post which is quoted above nor with the Terms and Conditions on ereader-store.de.
In any case, I can do little about that.

The choice I have is:
1) Pay another 200€ for repair and shipment (600€ overall cost of the device) and get back repaired device which I will be afraid to hold because it can break without any apparent reason

2) Say goodbye to it and to my 390€ (device+shipment to home+shipment back to ereader-store.de). Big price for 2(two) months of reading!

What would you do?
(did I mention that my salary isn`t much bigger then that?)

Write now I am really disappointed with ereader-store.de, Onyx and M92 and I am sorry that I ever bought it. I should have bought a tablet from my local store and at least have the opportunity to look the merchant in the face...
focus is offline   Reply With Quote