View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
The order of a series or any real sorting is extremely weak om the STR, I think we are screwed unless we root the device. You cant sort by file name properly because the list feature in the library uses too big of fonts and the folder icon is too large, so having calibre send the file like {author_sort}/{series}/{title} - {series_index} - {authors} is worthless. Shelves work ok but again sorting is weak so figuring out what book is next in a series is impossible within the STR. So rooting is really all there is for us types.

That's pretty much where I am at at this point just not sure where to start (yet) since I know squat about Linux..
Maybe it's because I don't load my whole library on my reader at one time (why would I do this? I'll load ~10-20 books at a time and that's more than enough), but I have no trouble using list-view sorted by author with a calibre plugboard to prepend series. I use "{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}" for epub/NOOK_COLOR (because the STR is NOOK_COLOR to Calibre, not NOOK) and it works just fine. Books by the same author are sorted alphabetically by title, so for example "A Song of Ice and Fire - 04 - A Feast for Crows" correctly lists before "A Song of Ice and Fire - 05 - A Dance with Dragons" where they would be out of order if I didn't use the plugboard.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote