View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
One aspect of Ben Franklin's life, only mentioned briefly once in the text of the autobiography, was the famous kite experiment. One biography of Franklin that I read years ago (and, forgive me, I've forgotten the title and author), speculated that one possible reason he didn't play up this this particular experiment while he seemed to relish relating others was shame. There was a hint in that book that perhaps Franklin was not holding the string, but rather, had it held by someone of a class who would not be missed were the experiment to prove fatal.

What is known is that in his 80s, Franklin freed his slaves and became an abolitionist.

An attempt at atonement?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-23-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Add last line.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote