View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Now I'm even more confused. You're trying to use your Kindle to connect to and send email from Amazon's AWS email services?

Shari
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
No no, this is about sending stuff to the Kindle free email address (in this case, Calibre-rendered news articles, via calibre-smtp(1)). In the middle of last year, Amazon started indefinitely deferring everything I sent this way via everything other than the largest of email providers. Grumble grumble big corporate hegemony grumble...
I could suggest a couple of items to check. Do you have the reverse DNS lookup for your sending address set up correctly (DNS PTR records)? Have you added a spf text record to your domain? Do you have an AAAA as well as an A record for your sending address? The last is kinda stupid but one site I deal with requires that record before allowing my emails to hit their servers. All this is much easier if you control your own DNS server(s) as few ISPs are willing to go to the trouble of setting up those records for a home user or even a small business user. You can also try plugging your sending IP address into MXToolbox or similar site to see what your reputation, if any, is.

Not so much corporate hegemony as attempts to keep spam from totally driving email users away.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote