View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 12:20 PM   #9
jp12323
jp12323 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (Jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
If that doesn't work, that'd mean that the jailbreak failed to install the developer keys. Sending you a PM in a few minutes.

Edit: Never mind, seems like your account is too new and I can't PM you.

Can you try running the exploit again to see if the log says "Removed existing developer key" instead of "Didn't find existing developer key"? If that ends up being the case, that means that you're doing something wrong when you're trying to install the JB Hotfix. Don't worry about running it again, even if u ran it a 100 times nothing bad would happen, it's made with that in mind.

Please let me know how it went!

(Hopefully the logging can be updated to check if the file gets created correctly soon, so others won't have to run it twice.)
I have the same issue (007 error trying to install JB Hotfix). So I ran the exploit again like you mentioned, and the log says "Removed existing developer key" this time.
Had the same issue (007 Error) rerunning the JB Hotfix (tried it 3 times).

Not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly while installing the JB Hotfix. Basically just put the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin" in the root directory of the kindle, unplug microusb from the device, go to settings -> Device Options -> Advanced Options -> Update Your Kindle and let it do it's thing which is when the 007 error occurs.

Kindle Oasis 2 - 5.13.3
jp12323 is offline   Reply With Quote