View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 02:10 AM   #70
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm old school and my knowledge comes from the days when code ran from either ram (DRAM) or rom. Typically code was loaded from a drive into ram where it was executed. Reading some of the Espressif docs it sounds like code is executing from the flash. My wee brain is having a hard time with that idea. Anyhow, I received my "Freenove Ultimate Starter Kit for ESP32-WROVER" today and it contains a cornucopia of devices and components, including the wrover. And I can't believe how clever Linux is; you just plug its usb into the wrover development board's usb socket and on the fly linux makes a serial device with the appropriate node in /dev. It's magic I tell ya.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote