View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 06:26 AM   #370
Brain
Enthusiast
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, Jon was commenting on two of the reasons that kepubs have been suggested as better. Page turning speed has always been better for kepubs, but recent firmware has closed the gap. And my opinion was that it was never bad enough for epubs to be a real consideration.

For the image quality, a firmware release early last year should have fixed this in epubs.

If you are reading books with a lot of images, the kepubs are probably better. Unless the images are perfectly sized for the screen, the zooming will be useful. And if there are a lot of images, it won't surprise me if there are footnotes. Kepubs have the advantage for this.

Highlighting has been easier/faster in kepubs as well, but 4.11073 has some improvements, and it might not be as noticeable now. Again, it's one of the things that never really worried me, but it does seem better now.
Thank you for explaining. Does the image quality fix apply to kepubs as well? Few times I've noticed, that even zoomed out images of .kepub format bugs, were hardly readable. I've never bothered to check the book, by opening it on pc, but could it possibly been that the reader's (KA1) firmware was at fault?
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote