View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
This just dropped:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cabl...g-to-foxs-ceo/

On top of the previously reported loss of 10% pay tv revenues from 2015 to 2018, 2019 brought another 4% drop vs 2018.

Ad-supported streaming is growing.
And Disney and HBO MAX have yet to hit.

The big change is accelerating.
Cable and telcos pretty much have monopolies on internet, though.

Been a cord cutter since 2008 (antenna + Netflix DVD & streaming + occasional DVD purchase). I've dropped the discs by mail. Recently signed up for cable TV again because funnily enough, I received a TV+internet package promo offer that was cheaper than the internet-only service I previously had.

Calling customer service and threatening to cancel internet service so they'll offer another 12-month promo pricing doesn't really work when they know they're practically the only game in town.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote