View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #12
Doranwen
Enthusiast
Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none, sadly, they all died
Hmm, he was asking if there was anywhere to go test out these devices, and I'm guessing not, but maybe there's somewhere to handle tablets of equivalent sizes so he'd have a feel for how large it will actually be? The Mimas sounds intriguing, but I wish I had somewhere he could handle something about 13" vs. something about 10" to get a feel for how they actually felt in his hands… Would Best Buy or something similar have tablets with those sizes for comparison, or would he have to go to an Apple store to find Apple products that had similar sizes? (It's one thing to theoretically know it'll be "this large", it's another to actually hold one and get a feel for how it will be.)

Also, the complicatedness is that he's not going to be reading exclusively pdfs or exclusively epub - probably a 40/60 or even 20/80 mix, but there are pdfs he wants to read, and some are reasonably large, both in file size and page size (meaning small-ish print if it's stuck on an e-reader that's not large enough). It's hard to tell without testing the files on a device I don't have, lol. (They've had a tablet, but it's a relatively small screen and my mom's pointed out how frustrating she finds it to be constantly swiping to change pages because there's not that much text on the screen; it's quite unsuitable for the large pdfs that he wants to read. She thinks he'll want the biggest size because of that.)

Last edited by Doranwen; 02-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Doranwen is offline   Reply With Quote