View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #84
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
FWIG, the Kindle Fires are more open to sideloading Android apps than the Nook tablets. With the Kindle Fire, you merely have to enable an option in settings. But with the Nook tablet, you have to jump through hoops to get the apps to work, and it's too much for the average consumer to go through.

Also, Amazon can afford to keep its Kindle Fire locked in some respects since it has a richer app store. B&N doesn't have that luxury.

--Pat
I know that, had one and sold it. I was referring to the SD card slot.

Kindle Fire doesn't allow Google market access, unless you root it.

Yes, you can install some Google apps with few tricks but the UI is locked into Amazon's store.

Regarding your comment about Amazon store, that's exactly what I'm saying and mentioned in my other two posts, that B&N problems are more related to content than hardware quality or open UI. At least, in my opinion.

Last edited by jocampo; 01-05-2013 at 12:35 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote