View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #77
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
The Nook, like the Kindle is technology, but it's not about the technology, that's merely a means to an end. That end is selling books. Barnes and Noble should have had an advantage over Amazon, but they squander it.

A friend of mine had a Nook, but it had problems. It was under warranty, but the Nook customer service was highly uncooperative. He went to Barnes and Noble, talked to the manager, and the manager called up customer service. Customer service wouldn't cooperate with even the manager. The manager was screaming at customer service, still no cooperation. The manager gave up, and took a Nook from the shelf and gave it to my friend.

He then returned it and used the money to buy a Kindle. The obvious solution would be a clean house and have a customer service as good as the Kindle has. People who are part of the problem can never be called upon to recognize the problem.

I own a Kindle, but if Barnes and Noble goes under, that's not good news. Competition is the only thing that keeps company's honest. Amazon's not my friend, they have their own interests, and competition keeps their interests in line with my own.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote