View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #159
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh18 View Post
Hi,
First off, great thread! I was getting sick of seeing all the hacks and jail breaks that DID NOT work on the K4 , and were instead for the touch...

I've been trying to figure out a way to force disable the Kindle from showing up a USB Drive by default everytime someone connects it to the USB port.
This keeps my files inside safe, as I can always use scp over wifi or usbnet ssh.

Am looking for a script (?) or some other hack that lets me do this..

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks
There is script which should control this stuff.
See:
Code:
/lib/udev/bin/notifyusb
Unfortunately I'm not currently able to post here content of that file, but you will see there some signal sending commands and if you comment it by #, save it and restart Kindle, you should not be able to access user folders over USB by normal way. The question is, if you will be able to access device over USB at all... so try to check that file and maybe other files in same folder and if you have ssh over wifi access, you shold be able to access the Kindle even if USB ssh access will be broken.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote