Thread: My ebook plan!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I passed with flying colours, my mark was 1.1, best is 1.0 so no resason to complain
Congratulations, CommanderROR! Truly an accomplishment to be proud of!

My plan is to see what devices actually come out, and then see about scraping up the money. I used to be more of an early adopter type (bought my first Palm -- then Pilot -- the week they came out), but marriage makes for less discretionary funds, that is to say, greater reluctance on my part to run up debt.

I'll probably want to hold one (of each, preferably) in my hands before I make a final decision. Whatever I go with, I plan on using till it dies rather than upgrading with each new offering, so I want to be reasonably confident that it'll meet my needs. Left to my own devices (pardon the pun) I upgrade my Palm about every 3rd generation, and I expect my perceived upgrade pressure to be lower for a reader.

Oddly enough, as my wife is finishing her PhD in 19th century British lit., she's actually kind of interested in this sort of gadget (she's resistant to most gadgetry) because it would make it easier for her to deal with obscure texts that aren't available in print (that is to say, on paper) any more. Her needs are actually more demanding than mine -- i.e. she'll need to take notes, while I just want to read stuff.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote