View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
the device will not over charge; the power adapter only provides power; the charging mechanism is on the vox itself, and will cut off power to the battery when it hits a certain voltage, checking the battery every so often to see if it needs to be topped up. you can safely use the device while it is plugged in.
-------------------------------------------------------
Exactly. No different from having your laptop battery in place (I don't know of anybody that removes their battery, unless to replace) as you use your plugged-in laptop. You can get micro-USB extender cables that will allow you to enjoy the Vox whilst plugged into the mains. I think that they put such a short length of mains chord on the Vox charger, so as to not have it hanging down off of a table...where the user could snare it with their hand or knee, and have the Vox come crashing down to the floor. I don't think it was really a move about reducing production costs. No matter though...what a P.I.T.A.! Using a micro-USB extender cable is less weight than using an extension cord to give you some user mobility/comfort.

http://www.infinitecables.com/usb_cbl.html
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote