Thread: the conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermx View Post
There are so many diffirent ways of Converting your files. And i have a load of PDF files and manga. There are allot of programs reccomended for use such as Rastafarian, Je-comics and other programs.

So first i wanna ask, about my Book PDF's should i just load them streight into my PRS-500?

(It hasnt arrived yet but i wanna have the upperhand by being organised before it arrives.)

And the manga, i am currently converting it into PDF through JE-comics. but should i us rastafarian and which settings should i use on it. Because when i use rastafarian and JE it seems as if it makes the lines jagged.

so i just wanna generally know what you guys do when converting your files.
If the PDF you want to convert is text based, then you can use pdf2html and then edit the html however you want and use either html2lrf or book designer to do the final conversion. If your PDF are graphic heavy, then you may need to get Acrobat to convert them. But anyway, pdf2html is your best bet for free text conversion of PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote