View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
In my initial query, I hadn't remembered (if I'd noted it at all) that the PocketBook uses FBReader. As I use OpenInkpot on my BeBook (which uses FBReader) and I have no problems reading Mobipocket titles on it, I believe it is therefore safe for me to assume that my experience with the PocketBook will be the same as with OpeniInkpot on my BeBook.
Main differences between the OpenInkpot and Pocketbook 360 are:

- three margin size choices only; small, medium, and large. They are well-chosen and useful but still its only three
- no control over status bar, but again; the defaults are excellent
- tables of content aren't always recognized and presented, but when they are, they are very very good, listing actual, *accurate* page numbers for each entry

Pocketbook firmware shares many conceptual and code elements with OI so you'll take to it like a fish to water. They even made ADE almost bearable, compared to the hanlin release.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote