View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I liked the article, inasmuch as it provided a nice hardware history. However, the statement in the opening paragraph:

Quote:
Perhaps “market” is the wrong word to use, as almost all the news that came out comprised solely of technology demonstrations, announcements of strategic partnerships, and prototype media and devices—none of which were available commercially. As a result, there was no real “market” to speak of.
...says a lot. It would seem that any statements about the "market" are empty, as it is very clear that the publishing industry is practically going out of its way to make sure there is no market.

If I can buy a horse or a donkey for a job, but I've never seen a donkey, much less ever been told that donkeys exist, I imagine I'd "prefer" a horse. When average consumers believe that the only way to read an e-book is sitting in front of your PC screen (and have never even heard of Cleartype), it's obvious that there is a serious disconnect, and therefore statements about peoples' "preferences" are pointless.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote