View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #323
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Adding metadata "jackets" and adding series #s to Book Title

Hi Oh Wonderful Developers

I am currently totally renovating my library, which is pretty darned big, so it's turning into a Magnum Opus for the Chronically Anally Retentive.

Firstly, my Kobo touch doesn't read metadata so I've been adding those to the front of my books as a jacket, hoping that re-converting epub to epub to do so is not doing any damage in the process. It would be GREAT if the insertion could be done without a conversion. Is that at all possible??

Secondly, because there's no means of identifying a book other than by Title/Author, I've been manually cutting and pasting series numbers into my book titles because it's the only way I can think of to see at a glance which order to read books in. It's a very tedious process as, due to aforementioned CAR syndrome, I have a LOT of series.

End result: Fried Potatoes at Dawn becomes Fried Potatoes at Dawn: Inspector A Midget [1]

A plugin in to automate this process would be WONDERFUL, and, I image, not that difficult to create?? Ideally, it could reside on the Fix> sub-thingie, below Swap Author.

Hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea!
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote