View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
exactly. Scanning isn't too bad, especially if you have a machine with a document loader that can scan to PDF. But -- that only works if you are willing to destroy the book into separate pages, which will negate your goal of having paper + digital.

From a PDF file you can convert it into several different file types - .doc, html, etc etc and then convert to ePub or mobi to display on your readers. But you will still have to proofread and make corrections for all the conversion errors - especially if the original book had a fancy type where all the L's turn into I's or 1's and all that. If you leave it as a PDF it's kind of okay on a tablet-like device (iPad) etc.

I've done a couple of out of print books and it is hours of work per book. If I did something like that for all my books, I would never have time to read.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote