View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #109
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You're taking this way too personally and giving "all that plastic" too much power. It's just another eReader, not the first and not the last.
Aesthetics, my friend, aesthetics matter. It is a step backwards in that respect. Ever heard of frontlist.com? It used to be my favorite site for buying books. Amazon bought it and it does not exist any more. They specialized in a certain type of scholarly books. Those books have disappeared in the huge pile of Amazon junk now. Ever heard of bookpages.co.uk? Same happened to them as well. We are losing diversity in the book market. Ebook market will go the same way with the arrival of the greedy giant. Then there are issues surrounding the DRM etc, things too complicated for innocent sheeple. I'll leave it at that!
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote