View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Harry,

I used note pad as a text editor, not being up to speed yet with PFE. I didn't do anything to change the fully justified appearance of the text because as far as I know, there isn't any way with the Kindle of choosing to turn the justification on or off. And I added the tag that would result in the Kindle recognizing the toc of the book. Here's what that looked like after I'd finished:

Code:
<mbp:pagebreak/><SPAN id=BCONTENTS><A name=toc><DIV align=justify>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=center><B><FONT color=#0000ff>Table of Contents</FONT></B></DIV></A>
Can you tell from looking at that whether that seems OK?

I ended up with some problems.

The book didn't show up in the Kindle by name, but just as "Book". Assume I did something wrong in the making of the book and will look at that again.

Interestingly, despite not using the Start Reading tag, when I opened the book it took me right to the first chapter. I see that the Kindle has another menu option that I hadn't noticed called "Go to Cover" which takes you to the cover page. It did activate the toc menu item, so assume that's the result of my text editing. Other problem, though, is that the first page of the first chapter was all centered -- all of the lines. But only that page; all others were justified. Any thoughts on that?

It may very well be that it'll take someone with some computer smarts who also has a Kindle to solve these kind of problems, but I'd thought I'd report in.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote