Thread: KFX Format
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #690
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Amazon has released version 8.1 of the Kindle for Android app and one of the new features is "free Kindle dictionaries for five new languages – Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, and Malayalam."

Although I don't read the language, I tried doing a dictionary lookup in Hindi for testing. When I checked the app storage I saw that the Hindi dictionary was downloaded in a new variant of KFX format. It is a SQLite database containing content encrypted by KFX DRM.

I wonder if this new Kindle dictionary format will be used for other languages going forward.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote