View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Once again you are correct. The calibre conversion was not a happy camper when it came to epubcheck. Not to mention that all the images were inserted as background images. The KindleUnpack epub conversion at least left the images as images but again epubcheck was severely unhappy. That was when I went to using KindleUnpack to unpack the file so I could get at the images.
Hey, David:

To me, at this point, that would be reinventing the wheel for the submitter/poster. He apparently already has pages that are effectively images. I think it would be easier for him to simply create an ePUB with it--a regular, reflowable ePUB, with each "page" in its own HTML file--and call it a day. I don't see any massive advantage, and in fact, many disadvantages, to him trying to reinvent Kindle Create or KKBC, for an ePUB environment when there is not any easy-peasy drag-drop-your-PDF-here option for that. iAuthor has been d/ced, so that option is out.

And even then, the iAuthor cruft output was unusable at B&N, anyway. So, the only real option, to my mind, is a simple, regular, reflowable ePUB with each "page" a jpg, preferably higher-resolution to facilitate easy zooming and reading.

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote