View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Save animation as a video or gif in the phone app, or even just on the Internet. The QR code + link will work on all platforms.

As you know, animation only works on phones, tablets, PCs, MACs, and never on paper or eink, though Harry Potter style semi-animated eink has occasionally been glued onto a magazine as an expensive marketing gimmick.

Most eReading apps on phones and tablets don't support animation, if they display even a gif (most won't), you'll get only the first frame.

Hitch knows all this.

I found even on the Forum here, that while I managed to have a link on a centred image in my signature, I could only get the the link to work on a caption for an image in the post. It was offering to Zoom / Enlarge image rather that load link. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I'd concluded that in ebooks a while ago, that not all ereading software would easily allow a link on an image to work.
Also a few really old readers don't support ANY kind of link!
Also a link outside of a book doesn't work on all ereaders, and a link to a video or animation will only work on a phone, tablet, PC etc.

So while I dislike QR codes, if you have a separate phone (or tablet) to what you are reading on, they do work on ANY platform that can display a small mono static image. Paper, eink, OLED, LCD, anything.
So the only ereading app I have where the QR doesn't display is the Palm Z22 PDA (any ereader on it, though maybe the PDF viewer works, but as screen is 160 x 160 pixels I didn't install Adobe's PDF reader for Palm PDA. Maybe I should for a laugh?)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote