View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I thought so but I read somewhere on the forum that your battery looses charge when in keyboard lock so would be better to turn the device off completely if you are not going to use it for a few days

so I assumed the battery was being used maybe I misunderstood
The battery is used (very slowly) in keyboard lock mode, but not by the screen. You could turn the device off completely and still retain the screen image; as I said before, an eInk screen does not have to be powered in order to display a static image; when power is removed it continues to display whatever image it's currently showing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote