View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #443
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. I added that book to my LybraryThing wishlist. And while searching for it, guess what I found just below it in the search results? "The Da Da De Da Da Code" by Robert Rankin.
That looks hilarious. I just downloaded a sample. The title sucked me in, but the blurb didn't hurt:

Quote:
The world's Master of Far-Fetched Fiction takes us into the heart of the Da Da De Da Da Code, wherein lies the music of the angels—and the music of the devil. Aliens, flying saucers from hell, the Multiverse, the Illuminati—every wacky, way-out conspiracy theory ever heard are all here, wrapped into a plot that will leave Dan Brown fans breathless, Michael Shea readers stupefied, and Raymond Khoury lovers incredulous.
The only thing that doesn't belong on that list, in my opinion, is the multiverse. Woo-woo artists are always concocting all sorts of B.S. concerning other dimensions, but the idea that we might live in a Multiverse and the idea that reality may be a multidimensional construct are ones that have only gained strength in scientific circles in recent years.

All that aside, I remember what I heard a caller to Coast to Coast with George Noory say on his show one night. The poor fellow called in after finding a cat in the house. He knew he didn't let it in, and his wife said she didn't let any cat in. "There's only one explanation," he told Noory. "The cat obviously entered the house from another dimension." Well, yeah. That would have been my first thought, too.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-27-2014 at 01:30 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote