View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'd almost love it if a brave soul could try updating the libusb0.dll used by Kobo from version 1.1.4 to the current 1.2.6 nad see if that makes any difference (I've always been a big believer in current drivers).

The project is hosted here --> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusb-win32/wiki and in theory one should be able to download the libusb-win32-bin-x.x.x.x.zip package, and then follow the instructions in Device Driver Installation on creating the custom INF file for Kobo, and then the instructions in Updating the Device Driver to install the new driver.

I caution though in that I'm not sure on how to revert back!
Well, that doesn't do what I (and you too, probably) thought it did. I tried it, and what I got was a 'libusb device' in Device Manager. A Mass Storage one, but no drive letter, and Calibre doesn't recognize it.

Getting back is easy; just remove te libusb decice, and on next connect XP will see new hardware and reinstall the standard driver.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote