Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #81
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I'd like to go back to 2.1.1 and I assume I have to factory reset to manually load 2.1.1 again?
Strictly, yes. But, I would probably try the direct method and see what happened. If it worked, good, if not I would only loose a little time.

One thing, if you do the factory reset, when you connect to the desktop application, it will probably download 2.1.4 again. When that happens, you need to replace the files on the device with the 2.1.1 files before disconnecting.

And before anyone comments, I know I am making suggestions that might seem to be against other comments I have made today. I have no hassle with someone trying all this. My problem is with complaints when things don't work when someone is trying to short circuit the system. And I won't deny I am curious to see if what Chocky wants to do works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote