Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #25
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
It depends on what category the book falls into.

If it is one of my go-to authors, I buy it the moment it comes out, regardless of the cost (well; within the universe of mainstream e-book pricing). Cases in point: when the new Lee Child came out a few weeks ago, I bought it the moment it was available. When the new John Sandford came out yesterday, I bought it. I think both were $14.99. But both of those books will stay on my reader until it dies or I get another one, and I will probably read them once every couple years, as I spend a lot of time re-reading my favorite authors.

For a book that is an impulse buy or a curiousity, I definitely consider price. And, as someone else said, I may put off buying it, and then I may forget about it and never buy it. But I have no idea what my "ceiling" would be.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote