View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #197
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
After the initial disappointment about the Paperwhite being US-only for now, I resigned to it and was even glad to have another ~6 months or so until deciding whether to get it or not ... and today I saw that a local bookshop that imports ereaders has the Paperwhite for preorder.

So, while I don't actually need it (and I'm pretty sure I'll miss the page turn buttons - it's often cold in my room, so I read under a blanket or fleece throw and with page turn buttons, can keep my hands warm under the blanket and still be able to turn the page; this was one of the things I really LOVED about going from paper books to the K3), I succumbed to the temptation.

150 euro for the ad-supported WiFi version... quite a bit more expensive than for Americans, but I doubt I could get one from Amazon direct any cheaper, as they won't sell me the ad version even once the Paperwhite goes international, and with shipping and customs and VAT... will probably come to about the same anyway.

Now I just have to wait. The only problem is that the local shop has no covers for the Paperwhite up for preorder, and Amazon doesn't allow me to preorder the cover either, so I'll have to read it naked. Shouldn't be too much of an issue as I don't really take my current Kindle out with me either anyway, so it sits safely in the shelf when not being read.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote