View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Thank you Harry. I've now rebuilt the LRF and IMP versions of the books and replaced the attachments in the first post in this thread.

I still would love to have someone check them out before I post in the proper eBooks category.
I have checked out The Bobbsey Twins in LRF. I've found some things that can be improved. First off, when you generate the LRF, in the styles tab, go to paragraph and under the styles column, turn the style to normal instead of bold. Next, your em dashes are not comming out correctly. The original text used -- instead of —. But if you use read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649 and download and install and setup the Book Cleaner files properly, then a number of issues will be fixed including em dashes. But to fix the em dashes, you'll have to start your book all over. But that's a good thing because once it's fixed, then you can redo the PRC (follwoing HarryT's guide) and the IMP from there so they will all be fixed.

There is a problem with Book Designer when loading in a text file. So if there is an HTML source, use that to load instead. But if you have to use a text source, load it first into Word and save it as RTF. The load the RTF. The problem is that BD tends to mess with paragraphs when you load a text file. And the good thing is that you can use Word to fix the extra line spaces and line ends as needed before you load into BD. So load into Word, edit the text as needed and then save as RTF for loading into BD.

One thing I've taken to doing is to replace the straight quotes/apostrophes with the curled versions. But I do the search/replace by hand as Word while not bad, can make mistakes. So it's just easier to do it in BD.

I do have to say it is a good first start. I think a lot of us have just gotten better as we've learned. And it's nice to have other who have learned to give you a hand.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote