Thread: MobileRead Two Tier Voting
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
The vote is so even so far! It is interesting that we seem to be so evenly split on different issues. It would be nice though if the winning option won by at least a few votes, but I'm just hoping one wins at all, even if just by one vote. Another tie would be crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
Getting all of this settled now - and not re-visiting it for a year - is smart, even if it feels beaten to death at the moment.
It has seemed hectic and contentious recently. My hope though is that we're "getting it all out of our system" for the new year. I think it will be worth having this week or two of debate after debate that is tiring, if it will make things feel settled and calm for the year to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I am with issybird on this one in that I'm just tired of the process.
All of this has seemed tiring recently. But there is a good reason for doing it all at once now - so that we don't have to at all for another year. I think this is the *last* club mechanics poll on the agenda until at least the end of next year. The only other item besides this that had been brought up previously but not decided yet and seems to need a ruling from Tom is not allowing a book to be in more than one poll in a six month period, which was a problem this year. And I don't think we need a poll to decide that. Tom can just look at what opinions people have given about it and make a ruling. After both of these are decided, we are free for a year.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote