View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourish View Post
Catlady, how do you like the screen on the jetbook lite? I work with computers all day and the eyestrain from reading a lcd screen gets old quickly.
The JBL screen is not backlit, so it is not like looking at a bright computer LCD display. I think it's very comfortable to read on.

One thing that happens with e-ink readers is that you get a flash on each page turn, which you don't get with an LCD screen. People with other readers say the flash isn't noticeable, and maybe you get used to it. For me, looking at the various devices in stores before I bought, it was an extreme annoyance and a major factor in my deciding to go with the JBL. If you look at YouTube, there are videos of side-by-side comparisons that illustrate the page flash.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote