View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kepub books (ePUB books with Kobo's proprietary DRM and/or using their formatting) are backed up on your computer. For Windows 7, mine are here: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Kobo\Kobo Desktop Edition\kepub. They are also on the kobobooks site under your library link. Purchased has them all, and I'm Reading has the books you are still working with. You can move books back into I'm Reading from purchased by setting a bookmark.

There are kobo apps for most phones and tablets. I use the Kobo app for Android on my Nexus S. Books in non-kepub format do not sync, but can be sideloaded onto my phone.

Remember you can also download ADE ePUB and no DRM ePUBs from the Kobo site. People use them on all sorts of devices. Of the major e-reader players, only the Kindle does not handle ePUB format. Without DRM, they can be converted for use on the Kindle by using software like Calibre. I generally use the kepub format on my reader, but download the ePUBs for backup.

I buy most of my books from kobo, but I also download from Mobile Read, buy from Amazon (and convert), and from a variety of different storefronts.

Last edited by taming; 07-09-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote