View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Kobo can't follow hyperlinks at all, as I understand it, hence falls into the "doesn't need it" category.

I still maintain, I'm afraid, that this is a shortcoming in the reading device, and that it's not necessary for the creator of a book to provide 2-way links. Of course, it's nice if they do so, but it's certainly not (IMHO) mandatory.
I was thinking that might be the case. That is a good reason to place footnotes in the following paragraph and reduce the font size for the paragraph so people who don't want to read them can easily recognize and skip over them. It all depends on the target audience. ADE on a pc doesn't have a back button that I can find.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote